Russell Foster is a circadian neuroscientist: He studies the sleep cycles of the brain. And he asks: What do we know about sleep? Not a lot, it turns out, for something we do with one-third of our lives. In this talk, Foster shares three popular theories about why we sleep, busts some myths about how much sleep we need at different ages — and hints at some bold new uses of sleep as a predictor of mental health.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design — plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.
Find closed captions and translated subtitles in many languages at
Follow TED news on Twitter:
Like TED on Facebook:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Nhãn mãn với các cách trang trí bánh Tiramisu độc lạ
- Top danh sách 6 bánh gato đẹp nhất thế giới có giá hàng tỉ đồng
- 4 bước cơ bản trong cách làm bánh Su Kem Nhật Bản đúng chuẩn vị
- Cách làm bánh Tiramisu trà xanh ai ai cũng làm được
- cake pink beautiful decoration at home – bánh cưới màu hồng hoa hồng đẹp (10)