When faced with a parent suffering from Alzheimer’s, most of us respond with denial (“It won’t happen to me”) or extreme efforts at prevention. But global health expert and TED Fellow Alanna Shaikh sees it differently. She’s taking three concrete steps to prepare for the moment — should it arrive — when she herself gets Alzheimer’s disease.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the “Sixth Sense” wearable tech, and “Lost” producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Sử dụng 6 bài thuốc dân gian trong cách chữa bệnh á sừng khỏi hẳn
- Phá Án #91 – NGƯỜI ĐÀN BÀ Bỗng "HOÁ ĐÁ" Sau Tiếng Hét Thất Thanh…| Anh Thám Tử Vinh Trần
- THẬP CHỈ ĐẠO ĐƯỜNG KINH NGŨ BỘI 4 TAY – LƯƠNG Y HOÀNG DUY TÂN
- Sát hại chôn xác bạn gái, 14 năm đi chùa cầu an vẫn bị 'MA ÁM' | Hồ sơ vụ án 2019 | ANTG
- [Mẹo Vặt Số 14] Khi bị viêm amidan bạn nên ăn những loại thực phẩm đơn giản rẻ tiền dễ kiếm này nhé